Definition of crusted in English:
1Having or forming a hard outer layer: she washed away the crusted blood
More example sentences
- The rain had soaked what was left of his dry goods - turning his corn flour into a crusted rock and his hard tack into mush.
- Grabbing a tissue from the desk she held Matt's head steady under the light, swabbing away at the crusted blood around his head. ‘What else did he take?’
- I frowned and felt more crusted blood on my chin.
1.1Denoting a style of unfiltered, blended port which deposits a sediment in the bottle.
- Until the cessation of bulk exports of port in 1997, crusted port was bottled in the UK.
- The only wines that need decanting - just before serving, please - are true vintage and crusted ports, or old reds such as claret that have thrown a bitty or fine sediment that gets stuck in the teeth, and can muddy the taste.
- She further stated that the only wines that ever require decanting are crusted ports and old reds that have thrown a sediment.
Definition of crusted in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan