- A substance used to produce very low temperatures.More example sentences
- The first cryogens were liquid air and compressed carbon dioxide snow.
- After all, a superconductor that is both easy to process and can be cooled using electrical refrigerators, rather than messy cryogens, would find many applications.
- They also recommended that a prototype using hydrogen as a combined cryogen and form of energy transport be designed, built and tested at one of the national laboratories.
More definitions of cryogenDefinition of cryogen in:
- The US English dictionary