Definition of cryoprecipitate in English:
1chiefly Biochemistry A substance precipitated from a solution, especially from the blood, at low temperatures.
- The chamber was squeezed to speed up the flow of fluid and some of the cryoprecipitate must have leaked back into the bag of Hartmann's.
- A clinical laboratory scientist is pooling six units of cryoprecipitate for a patient.
- Currently, cryoprecipitate is the only source of concentrated fibrinogen available.
1.1 [mass noun] Medicine An extract rich in a blood-clotting factor obtained as a residue when frozen blood plasma is thawed.
- Many are dependent on unsafe blood products such as frozen plasma, cryoprecipitate and whole blood making themselves susceptible to viral infections.
- Blood products like fresh blood, plasma or cryoprecipitate can be used.
- Type A blood has more cryoprecipitate which blood banks want.
Definition of cryoprecipitate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan