A tall conical coniferous tree with long, curved, spirally arranged leaves and short cones. Native to China and Japan, it is grown for timber in Japan. Also called Japanese cedar.
- Cryptomeria japonica, family Taxodiaceae
More example sentences
- My soul was thrilled with the invigorating freshness of the verdure and moved by the echo in the mystic murmur of the ancient cryptomeria and camphor trees that half conceal the simple and sacred edifice.
- Tours of the grounds include a walk through a forest filled with pine, cryptomeria, acacia and a wide variety of other plants.
- Back on the path, he finds the cryptomerias crowding about him ever more thickly.
Definition of cryptomeria in:
- The US English dictionary