noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein of the globulin class present in the lens of the eye.More example sentences
- We therefore present here a novel eye lens crystallin, crystallin, found in platypus.
- The pigment disappears and the cells start to take on the structural characteristics of lens cells, and to produce the lens-specific protein crystallin.
- Irradiated and nonirradiated alpha - crystallin was subjected to trypsin digestion and peptide analysis by reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography and mass and sequence analysis.
mid 19th century: from Latin crystallum 'crystal' + -in1.
More definitions of crystallinDefinition of crystallin in:
- The US English dictionary