Definition of crystalloid in English:
Resembling a crystal in shape or structure.
- The crystalloid structures on occasion closely resembled or were remarkably similar to prostate crystalloids.
- Alternatively, the crystalloid structures could be in the process of degradation within the lysosomes.
- The majority of tumor cells displayed large, eosinophilic, rod-shaped crystalloid structures within their cytoplasm, easily visible on hematoxylin-eosin stain by light microscopy.
nounBack to top
2 Chemistry A substance that, when dissolved, forms a true solution rather than a colloid and is able to pass through a semipermeable membrane.
- Larger scale studies may be needed if important clinical differences between colloids and crystalloids are to be found (including the possibility that dextran may worsen bleeding complications).
- Resuscitation is mainly with crystalloids, but colloids may be required to restore circulating volume.
- The choice of fluid to use for resuscitation varies widely, with some centers preferring crystalloid solutions while others use albumin or other colloid solutions.
Words that rhyme with crystalloidcoralloid • prismoid
Definition of crystalloid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.