- The determination of the volume of a solid.More example sentences
- He applied his theories of generalised functions and of embeddings of function spaces to cubature formulas.
- The method of cubature was used to determine the discharges throughout the Strait.
- In addition, the cubature formulas are universal: their error is almost optimal in two different scales of function spaces.
late 17th century: from the verb cube, on the pattern of quadrature.
More definitions of cubatureDefinition of cubature in:
- The US English dictionary