1A small enclosed space or room: she works in a cubbyhole next to his office
More example sentences
- The bungalow was tiny, consisting of one bedroom, a living room, bathroom, a small cubbyhole where the kitchen crockery and utensils were kept, and an airy verandah which went round two sides of the building.
- Sure enough, the General's parrot sat on its perch in the corner of the cramped cubbyhole that was his room.
- Outdoor play space also should include cubbyholes or spaces that can serve as role-game features.
1.1South African A glove compartment in a car.
- The cubbyhole was hanging open and so was the ashtray, neither of which I ever use unless I am transporting contraband.
- I listen to the radio, and there is always the Blarney Brothers CD on hand in the cubbyhole as an alternative.
- My favourite creature comfort: the air-conditioned cubbyhole; just the place to keep a cold drink in hot weather.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cubby|hole
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.