Definition of cubbyhole in English:
1A small enclosed space or room: she works in a cubbyhole next to his office
More example sentences
- The bungalow was tiny, consisting of one bedroom, a living room, bathroom, a small cubbyhole where the kitchen crockery and utensils were kept, and an airy verandah which went round two sides of the building.
- Sure enough, the General's parrot sat on its perch in the corner of the cramped cubbyhole that was his room.
- Outdoor play space also should include cubbyholes or spaces that can serve as role-game features.
1.1South African A glove compartment in a car.
- The cubbyhole was hanging open and so was the ashtray, neither of which I ever use unless I am transporting contraband.
- I listen to the radio, and there is always the Blarney Brothers CD on hand in the cubbyhole as an alternative.
- My favourite creature comfort: the air-conditioned cubbyhole; just the place to keep a cold drink in hot weather.
Words that rhyme with cubbyholesinkhole • pinhole
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan