- A clock that strikes the hour with a sound like a cuckoo’s call and typically has a mechanical cuckoo that emerges with each note.More example sentences
- When the cuckoo clock struck 9:30, I decided to get up.
- Downstairs the cuckoo clock cuckooed 7 times; it was only 7 o'clock and I knew Milly wouldn't be awake for at least 2 hours.
- Throughout Slovakia there are artists selling painted Easter eggs, cornhusk figures, hand-knit sweaters, wood carvings, walking sticks, cuckoo clocks, and toys of many varieties.
More definitions of cuckoo clockDefinition of cuckoo clock in:
- The US English dictionary