- A bird resembling a roller, with an iridescent green cap, back, wings, and tail, found only in Madagascar. Also called courol.
More example sentences
- Leptosomus discolor, the only member of the family Leptosomatidae
- Birds of Africa include the emerald cuckoo, the helmetbird, the village weaver, and the cuckoo-roller.
- Other endemics we can expect to see include: vangas, cuckoo-rollers, and Vasa parrots.
- Furthermore, the ground rollers, mesites and cuckoo-rollers are all endemic families and the couas, vangas and asities are endemic subfamilies.