- A shrike-like Old World songbird, somewhat resembling a cuckoo when in flight, and typically with grey, black, or white plumage.
More example sentences
- Family Campephagidae (the cuckoo-shrike family): several genera, especially Coracina and Campephaga, and numerous species. The cuckoo-shrike family also includes the cicadabirds, greybirds, minivets, and trillers
- Regulars in the yard were many, but the stand-outs were a white-crowned shama and a lesser cuckoo-shrike.
- The richest passerine families were cuckoo-shrikes (five species) and starlings (four species).
- Also very confusing were the cuckoo-shrikes and kingfishers.