- Whitish froth found in compact masses on leaves and plant stems, exuded by the larvae of froghoppers.More example sentences
- Developing young create a frothy mass commonly known as cuckoo spit on plants in the early spring and summer to hide from predators such as ants.
- Keep an eye out for cuckoo spit, a globule of froth that conceals the tiny froghopper, easily squashed between thumb and finger.
- While slugs will ignore it, there may be a small problem with cuckoo spit, or rather the tiny green bug that is encased in the spit.
More definitions of cuckoo spitDefinition of cuckoo spit in:
- The US English dictionary