- 1A style or method of cooking, especially as characteristic of a particular country, region, or establishment: much Venetian cuisine is based on seafoodMore example sentences
- Eating authentic Chinese cuisine is a cultivated taste and one worth exploring and learning.
- A full menu of authentic Cuban cuisine is available in the restaurant's dining room.
- I feel robbed that I didn't eat authentic Thai cuisine until the age of 27.
- 1.1Food cooked in a certain way: we spent the evening sampling the local cuisineMore example sentences
- To make them get along I would have to cook both their cuisines at the same time.
- Students cooked up a variety of cuisines - Chinese and Mughlai to Continental and the good old South Indian fare.
- World famous master chefs dish out exciting cuisines to satiate everybody's palette.
late 18th century: French, literally 'kitchen', from Latin coquina, from coquere 'to cook'.