- Recycled broken or waste glass used in glass-making.More example sentences
- It goes without saying that the broken glass or cullet used had to be of the required colour or clear, so that no expensive new minerals were added to colour it.
- One of our earliest industrial containers, glass is made by melting sand, soda ash, limestone, and cullet (recycled crushed glass) in furnaces heated to 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Approximately 80 per cent of the glass now being made in Irish Glass is from cullet or recycled glass.
early 19th century: variant of collet, in the obsolete sense 'glass left on the blowing-iron when the finished article is removed'.
More definitions of culletDefinition of cullet in:
- The US English dictionary