- The mass of stones, broken shells, and grit of which an oyster bed is formed.More example sentences
- That is why it is important to return old shell to the oyster beds to provide cultch for future oysters.
- The mesh bags are an easy way to move cultch to the right place and time for larval settlement.
- Moreover, in rate of growth of oysters, the present cultch is superior to the rate on natural oyster shells.
mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of cultchDefinition of cultch in:
- The US English dictionary