- A plant species or variety known only in cultivation, especially one with no known wild ancestor.More example sentences
- It is unclear which or how many wild species or cultigens were the progenitors of the extant avocado races.
- The period is characterized by the gradual introduction of maize and other tropical cultigens, gradually transforming the resident hunter-gatherer populations into sedentary agricultural communities.
- These sites had a domesticated plant system incorporating native and introduced cultigens, while the Mill Creek sites also exhibited a dispersed field location pattern.
More definitions of cultigenDefinition of cultigen in:
- The US English dictionary