- A plant variety that has been produced in cultivation by selective breeding. Cultivars are usually designated in the style Taxus baccata ‘Variegata’. See also variety ( sense 2).More example sentences
- Plants from winter-type cultivars were first vernalized and then kept in the greenhouse.
- At present most transgenic plants are crop varieties or cultivars and the changes they received have been very simple.
- Plants of a given cultivar are generally closely spaced in groups.
More definitions of cultivarDefinition of cultivar in:
- The US English dictionary