- 1Relating to the ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a society: the cultural diversity of British societyMore example sentences
- They embody and give significance to cultural and social differences in a society.
- Edinburgh is a great city with a long tradition of cultural diversity and social tolerance.
- Particular attention must be paid to differences of cultural and social attitudes.
- 2Relating to the arts and to intellectual achievements: a cultural festivalMore example sentences
- It seems that every town and village in France puts on cultural festivals of some type or another.
- It is nice to know that my daughter's school is keeping up the cultural education.
- When you buy work from a living artist you are helping to ensure continuing cultural innovation.
- culturally, the town was relatively isolated from the surrounding regions a culturally diverse cityMore example sentences
- It has cast a long shadow over an area which is arguably the most ethnically and culturally diverse in the city.
- The best thing about studying film in a place like Bristol is because it is a culturally active city.
- Prior to its colonization, India was the most culturally diverse nation on earth.
mid 19th century: from Latin cultura 'tillage' + -al.