- A cubic metre per second, as a unit of rate of flow of water.More example sentences
- I do not believe, and I do not think anyone on the select committee believed, that 15 cumecs of water would cause it to lose its ability to generate electricity for the rest of New Zealand.
- We are talking about a river that has a mean annual flow of about 340 cumecs.
- We should be concerned for the safety of the elderly and invalids in the event that this new river is ever operated at its stated capacity of 215 cumecs.
1950s: from cubic metres per second.
More definitions of cumecDefinition of cumec in:
- The US English dictionary