- An alloy of copper and nickel, especially in the proportions 3:1 as used in ‘silver’ coins.More example sentences
- The new $1 coins are made from cupro-nickel, which is a blend of copper and nickel, and are alternately plain and ribbed at the edges.
- In 1965, production processes at the Mint included the manufacture of cupro-nickel, coinage bronze and silver blanks (melting, rolling and blanking) together with striking, packaging and distribution of the finished product.
- In early designs bullet jackets were made of cupro-nickel and these have a silvery appearance.
More definitions of cupro-nickelDefinition of cupro-nickel in:
- The US English dictionary