- A large crested pheasant-like bird of the guan family, found in tropical American forests. The male is typically black in colour.
More example sentences
- Genus Crax (and Nothocrax), family Cracidae: several species
- Male curassows in breeding season vocalize with a deep, resonant humming.
- Did you know that great curassows - 36-inch-tall blue-black birds with yellow bills - mate for life?
- The curassows comprise 14 species of sedentary Neotropical birds classified in four genera (Crax, Nothocrax, Mitu, and Pauxi) in the family Cracidae.
late 17th century: anglicized form of Curaçao.
More definitions of curassowDefinition of curassow in:
- The US English dictionary