- A small chain which is attached to a curb bit and lies in the groove on a horse’s chin.More example sentences
- The way to measure leverage is to compare the distance from the mouthpiece to where the reins attach to the distance from the mouthpiece to the curb chain.
- The height of bit - how many wrinkles for the type of bit you use; the tightness of a curb chain or strap; how the bit falls on the bars of the horses mouth are all very important and possible catalysts to how a horse of this age behaves.
- It never has shanks, curb chains or straps but may have a straight bar or a jointed mouthpiece.
More definitions of curb chainDefinition of curb chain in:
- The US English dictionary