Definition of curette in English:
A small surgical instrument used to remove material by a scraping action, especially from the uterus.
- This is when the cervix is dilated and any growths or other material can be removed with a scraping instrument called a curette.
- A curette is used to remove the superficial layer of the lesion.
- Excess cement is removed with a curette by the surgeon and first assistant.
verb[with object] Back to top
Clean or scrape with a curette: the endometrium was curetted
More example sentences
- The lesion was excised as a whole, and the cavity was curetted.
- The tissue was curetted off the bone and consisted of multiple tan-brown fragments with red friable areas.
- He curetted me in his surgery under local anaesthetic and I remember screaming out, ‘I want to go home’, and then I rung up the hospitals to find out is that the usual procedure.
Definition of curette in:
- US English dictionary