- A game played on ice, especially in Scotland and Canada, in which large round flat stones are slid across the surface towards a mark. Members of a team use brooms to sweep the surface of the ice in the path of the stone to control its speed and direction.More example sentences
- If you knew that the preliminary rounds of Olympic curling began this week, you're probably on the team.
- Well the modern game of curling really comes from Scotland.
- Currently Halifax, which, in sporting terms, has hosted big curling, ice skating and ice hockey events, has one 10,000-seat arena.
More definitions of curlingDefinition of curling in:
- The US English dictionary