- Events of political or social interest and importance happening in the world at the present time: I began to take an interest in current affairs [as modifier]: current affairs programmesMore example sentences
- He was widely read and took a keen interest in history, current affairs, politics and religion.
- He was a great reader and had a strong interest in politics and current affairs.
- It's almost enough to interest me in politics, current affairs and Important Stuff.
More definitions of current affairsDefinition of current affairs in:
- The US English dictionary