- The amount of electric current flowing per unit cross-sectional area of a material.More example sentences
- ‘In certain applications that require high current densities, conductive adhesives still do not measure up to metallic solders,’ he noted.
- Scientists later discovered that small, nanoscale defects are required to maintain high current densities in superconductors, particularly in the presence of high magnetic fields.
- Electromigration is the drift of metal atoms when the conductor carries high current densities, which can create voids.
More definitions of current densityDefinition of current density in:
- The US English dictionary