- A speech of thanks or appreciation to an audience, made after a performance by an actor playing a leading role, typically from the front of the stage with the curtains closed.More example sentences
- So he famously said in a first-night curtain speech at the Theatre Royal, Stratford East in 1956.
- His curtain speech, in the style of an old actor manager, was a joy and fitted perfectly into the comic framework of the evening.
- She gave the first curtain speech I had ever seen.
More definitions of curtain speechDefinition of curtain speech in:
- The US English dictionary