- A unit of flow (especially of water) equal to one cubic foot per second.More example sentences
- Out of this water, estimated to be about 70,000 cusecs, only 22,000 cusecs could reach Harike headworks late last night because the rest was soaked by the completely dry river bed.
- From the Pong reservoir on the Beas river the release should normally be between 8,000 cusecs and 10,000 cusecs.
- Pakistan's authorities though have inspected the project with possibility of changing its blue-print as it insists that commissioning the project will affect its smooth supply to the extent of 7,000 cusecs of water a day.
early 20th century: abbreviation of cubic foot per second.
More definitions of cusecDefinition of cusec in:
- The US English dictionary