- A small gregarious mongoose with a dark brown coat and a long mobile snout, native to West Africa.
More example sentences
- Crossarchus obscurus, family Herpestidae. Alternative name: long-nosed mongoose
- Most of the information known about the cusimanse has been gathered from data of animals in captivity.
- Most of the information available on the cusimanse derives from observation in captivity, and very few field studies have been conducted.
- Some experts now divide this large, diverse family into two, with the mongoose, meerkat and cusimanse in the Herpestidae Family.
mid 19th cent: probably a local word in West Africa.