- Pass through (something) causing great damage, destruction, or change: AIDS has cut a swathe through battalions of ordinary peopleMore example sentences
- Shortly thereafter, she'd begun to rent a small house near where much of the earlier destruction had cut a swath through the town.
- Wald singled out AIDS, which is cutting a swath through many of the continent's armies.
- A gay stigma - particularly powerful in the still homophobic world of African-Americans - keeps the disease on the ‘down-low’ even as it cuts a swathe through whole populations.
More definitions of cut a swathe throughDefinition of cut a swathe through in:
- The US English dictionary