- 1Glass ornamented with patterns cut into it by grinding and polishing: fine English cut glass [as modifier]: a cut-glass decanterMore example sentences
- Cover it with sparkly cut-glass coasters and elaborate glasses - the effect is stunning.
- He promptly presented another pair of cut-glass decanters to Madison's successor, James Monroe, when the president visited Pittsburgh in September 1817.
- The threat of crime is conveyed by the burglar bars, chain, torch, wallet and cellphone which are juxtaposed with inherited silver and cut-glass decanters.
- 2 [as modifier] Characterized by precise and careful enunciation: a cut-glass accentMore example sentences
- In the Lords the cut-glass accent of Tessa Blackstone wins Best Voice.
- Supposing Martians invade, and settle in, and we find that, apart from the fact that they are little green men, that they speak English with a cut-glass accent, they are all nice and polite and so on.
- Without that fragility, nobody would watch this posh woman with a cut-glass accent.
More definitions of cut glassDefinition of cut glass in:
- The US English dictionary