Definition of cutesy in English:
adjective (cutesier, cutesiest)informal
Cute to a sentimental or mawkish extent: the film’s cutesy shots of children playing in the streets
More example sentences
- Again, this helps to make the relationship between Ken and Sora less cutesy and more sweet.
- Worse, Filler constantly breaks into cutesy song snippets, a habit that grows less endearing every time it happens.
- Though Puffy's image is occasionally cutesy, the singers themselves didn't play up the cute.
- Example sentences
- The setting is overloaded with anime-style cutesiness.
- It's clear that the movie intends to recall the beloved A Christmas Story with its mildly irreverent cutesiness, but it plays as an unbearably calculated attempt to yank on our heartstrings.
- The utter lack of chemistry between the leads is magnified by the film's reliance on ill-designed slapstick cutesiness.
Words that rhyme with cutesyrootsy
Definition of cutesy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia