Definition of cutesy in English:
adjective (cutesier, cutesiest)informal
Cute to a sentimental or mawkish extent: the film’s cutesy shots of children playing in the streets
More example sentences
- Again, this helps to make the relationship between Ken and Sora less cutesy and more sweet.
- Worse, Filler constantly breaks into cutesy song snippets, a habit that grows less endearing every time it happens.
- Though Puffy's image is occasionally cutesy, the singers themselves didn't play up the cute.
- Example sentences
- The actor who plays young Joaquin helps - he doesn't suffer from overt cutesiness.
- The naive feel this album has at first turns quickly to calculated cutesiness.
- It's clear that the movie intends to recall the beloved A Christmas Story with its mildly irreverent cutesiness, but it plays as an unbearably calculated attempt to yank on our heartstrings.
Words that rhyme with cutesyrootsy
Definition of cutesy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.