noun (plural same or cutlassfishes)
A long, slender marine fish with sharp teeth and a dorsal fin running the length of the back.
- Family Trichiuridae: several species, including the Atlantic Trichiurus lepturus (also called snakefish), an important food fish in the tropics
More example sentences
- The scabbard fish, variety of the cutlassfish, is the most highly regarded of the cutlassfish family.
- Atlantic cutlassfish, or ribbonfish as they're more often called in Texas, have no scales.
- Oh, and I caught a bunch of cutlassfish in the lagoon of Puerto Maya on my fly rod.
Definition of cutlassfish in:
- The US English dictionary