- 1North American The caption to a photograph or other illustration: the cutline submitted by the photographer accurately described the eventMore example sentences
- It is joyous stuff, evoking for me not only happy days of yore in Len's studio but also shoring up my belief that Len's cutlines (captions, you'd say) were masterpieces of the English language.
- The cutline (photo caption) reads: ‘Paul Martin dips his feet into the Pacific Ocean in Vancouver on Sunday.’
- For those of you who missed it, here are some quick headlines and cutlines.
More definitions of cutlineDefinition of cutline in:
- The US English dictionary