- A vitamin derived from foods of animal origin such as liver, fish, and eggs, a deficiency of which can cause pernicious anaemia. It contains a cyanide group bonded to the central cobalt atom of a cobalamin molecule. Also called vitamin B12.More example sentences
- The B-complex vitamins are actually a group of eight vitamins, which include thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, pantothenic acid and biotin.
- At the time of this writing, cyanocobalamin is a widely available form of injectable vitamin B 12, whereas hydroxocobalamin can be obtained only through a compounding pharmacist.
- A synthetic form, called cyanocobalamin, is used to fortify foods and make dietary supplements in the United States.
More definitions of cyanocobalaminDefinition of cyanocobalamin in:
- The US English dictionary