Definition of cybercrime in English:
Criminal activities carried out by means of computers or the Internet.
- I'm happier if we can use our understanding of criminal mechanisms to prevent cybercrime, not just penalize wrongdoers after the fact.
- The police want to catch criminals involved in cybercrime and prosecute them as a deterrent whereas firms hit by e-crime are principally interested in making sure it has a minimal impact on the businesses.
- They are underfunded and overstretched, and in charge from many things, from illegal immigrants to cybercrime to investigating corrupt politicians (the bulk of their jobs, they exist aplenty there).
- Example sentences
- Once activated, the worm turns off all anti-virus protection, allows cybercriminals to access the computer by installing a backdoor Trojan and sends itself to all contacts in the address book.
- Security vendor Symantec warns about commercialisation of malware - cybercriminals prefer cash to fun, so various kinds of information-stealing software are used more actively.
- With companies doing more business on the internet and cybercriminals becoming ever more sophisticated, the number of information security risks will continue to mount.
Definition of cybercrime in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan