A person who uses their employer’s Internet and email facilities for personal activities during working hours.
- Two-thirds of employees in the US are cyberslackers using the Internet for their own personal interests instead of work.
- Colin Barrow, head of the Enterprise Group at Cranfield University School of Management, said: ‘Although prosecutions and disciplinary cases may be rare, the new breed of cyberslacker is an expensive animal.’
- Example sentences
- Still, many commentators have characterized workplace Internet gambling as a form of ‘cyberslacking’, ‘cyberloafing’ or ‘cyberbludging’.
- Of these, 26 per cent spend less than an hour doing so, 22 per cent spend one to two hours, eight per cent spend three to four, and another eight per cent spend more than five hours cyberslacking.
- Dubbed ‘festive cyberslacking’, this orgy of unauthorised internet activity is estimated to have resulted in a 15% reduction in profits.
Definition of cyberslacker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.