- The use of computer technology to disrupt the activities of a state or organization, especially the deliberate attacking of communication systems by another state or organization: cyberwar is asymmetric, which means it benefits lesser military powers as much as military goliaths [count noun]: the same strategies that averted nuclear armageddon may also work to stave off a cyberwarMore example sentences
- This seemingly minor website attack sparked a cyberwar that quickly escalated into an international incident.
- But even though the JPEG virus stunt fell flat, when cyberwar is threatening, no amount of potential ill will or discouraging word can stay the dedicated computer security shill from his work.
- The book has a number of useful insights, perhaps the most important of which is that the law of war needs relatively little alteration to be applied to cyberwar.
More definitions of cyberwarDefinition of cyberwar in:
- The US English dictionary