Undergo or cause to undergo a reaction in which one part of a molecule becomes linked to another to form a closed ring: [no object]: some derivatives may cyclize spontaneously [with object]: ACV is cyclized to give isopenicillin N
More example sentences
- The semialdehyde cyclizes spontaneously to Dpyrroline - 5-carboxylate which is then reduced to proline by an NADPH-dependent reductase.
- Quantitation of the ligation efficiencies shows that 13% of the 40-mer cyclized, but 82% of the 42-mer cyclized.
- The biradical can revert to the starting material, cyclize to give a cyclobutanol derivative, or in our case, fragment to an alkene and an enol component.
- Example sentences
- It has no nitrogen and is easily created when acetone undergoes acid-catalyzed cyclization to form a 9-membered ring containing three peroxide bonds.
- Limonene synthase catalyses the stereo-specific cyclization of geranyl diphosphate to form a monocyclic monoterpene, limonene.
- During the cyclisation of the intermediate polyamic acid to the polyimide, the resin becomes less hydrophobic.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cyc|lize
Definition of cyclize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.