Definition of cyclopedia in English:
nounarchaic (except in book titles)
An encyclopedia: Bailey’s Cyclopedia of Horticulture
More example sentences
- With the exception of cyclopaedias and dictionaries, almost every book that aims at being useful requires an index to make its store of knowledge accessible.
- No wonder the same three years have cut threefold the output of scientific, technical, medical and agricultural literature, reference books and cyclopaedias.
- I have only been able to procure a few cyclopaedias of art and science.
late 17th century: shortening of encyclopedia.
- Example sentences
- Among our library holdings with more than 80,000 volumes, our cyclopaedic collection of statistics is especially useful because users can find almost any main statistics in a single space.
- In her cyclopaedic book on Modern Housing, Bauer limited her comments on the achievements of American war housing.
- The works on the subject to which I have access are Marey's and Jamieson's books published by Appleton's and various magazines and cyclopaedic articles.
Definition of cyclopedia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia