- An apparatus in which charged atomic and subatomic particles are accelerated by an alternating electric field while following an outward spiral or circular path in a magnetic field.More example sentences
- Perhaps the most important improvement has been the replacement of an electrical magnet with a series of permanent magnets to generate the cyclotron's magnetic field.
- Lawrence used his cyclotron to accelerate deuterons that were then crashed into sodium, producing a therapeutically useful radioisotope of sodium.
- The antiproton was produced when protons from a cyclotron were used to bombard a copper target.
More definitions of cyclotronDefinition of cyclotron in:
- The US English dictionary