- The cone-shaped exposed growths on the buttress roots of a swamp cypress.More example sentences
- When she hits the stagnant water of a cold, shallow swamp, Emmie pulls her skirt higher, then looks for cypress knees and occasional rocks on which to take her from one point to the next, not thirty feet from the roadside.
- A man named Tom Gaskins started an amazing museum of cypress knees in Palmdale, Florida.
- Epiphytic orchids and airplants grow on the pond apple trees, ferns colonize fallen trees and establish themselves on the cypress knees, and red maples take advantage of breaks in the canopy.
More definitions of cypress kneesDefinition of cypress knees in:
- The US English dictionary