- A hereditary disorder affecting the exocrine glands. It causes the production of abnormally thick mucus, leading to the blockage of the pancreatic ducts, intestines, and bronchi and often resulting in respiratory infection.More example sentences
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis is most often a complication of asthma or cystic fibrosis.
- The meconium can be so thick in babies with cystic fibrosis that it blocks the intestine.
- Along with asthma and cystic fibrosis, BPD is one of the most common chronic lung diseases in children.
More definitions of cystic fibrosisDefinition of cystic fibrosis in:
- The US English dictionary