Entry from US English dictionary
The chemistry of living cells, especially as studied microscopically.
- Until recently, visualization of cytoskeletal filaments was mainly limited to immunofluorescent staining of fixed cells or fluorescent analog cytochemistry for living cells.
- The relationship between the timing of these changes in the cytochemistry of the chalazal cells and the timing of the changes in grain water content and grain dry weight which occur during grain development has not been established.
- The laboratory's role in identifying leukemic blasts by morphology and cytochemistry remains important for initial diagnosis.
- Example sentences
- The peripheral blood and bone marrow aspirates demonstrated abnormal lymphoid cells with cytoplasmic projections that were weakly positive for tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase cytochemical staining.
- The histologic, cytochemical, and immunohistochemical features resembled a carcinoid tumor, and metastasis to the bone marrow was considered initially.
- A serious flaw in this system for the acute leukemias was the inability to differentiate the acute lymphoblastic leukemias through cytochemical testing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.