noun[mass noun] Biology
- The cytoplasmic division of a cell at the end of mitosis or meiosis, bringing about the separation into two daughter cells.More example sentences
- Structural proteins are also used during mitosis and cytokinesis, the processes by which a cell reproduces itself.
- The phialides produce chains of uninucleate conidia after repeated mitotic division and cytokinesis.
- In plants, actin filaments have been implicated in cytokinesis, cell expansion and development.
More definitions of cytokinesisDefinition of cytokinesis in:
- The US English dictionary