Definition of cytoplasm in English:
noun[mass noun] Biology
The material or protoplasm within a living cell, excluding the nucleus.
- Because tissues were lyophilized it was not possible to discriminate between cell walls and cytoplasm in the root material.
- Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.
- The columnar cells had abundant cytoplasm, basally located nuclei, and no mitoses.
- Example sentences
- The functional role of the transmembrane domain and the cytoplasmic tail domain of fertilin is not known.
- The cell envelope of gram-positive bacteria consists of the cytoplasmic membrane and a cell wall.
- Interspersed among the spermatozoa are what appear to be the cytoplasmic contents of degraded cells.
Words that rhyme with cytoplasmectoplasm • iconoclasm
Definition of cytoplasm in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.