Definition of cytotoxic in English:
Toxic to living cells: cytotoxic drugs peripheral blood lymphocytes may be cytotoxic to these cells
More example sentences
- The fibrils formed by the hexapeptide were also cytotoxic toward the pancreatic cell line.
- Earlier studies indicated that the fibrils themselves were the cytotoxic form of amyloid peptides.
- Vitamin C is directly cytotoxic to certain cancer cell lines in vitro.
- Example sentences
- In vitro, these peptides inhibited cytotoxicity and differentiation of cytotoxic T cells.
- It has been suggested that sequestration of bile acids by intracellular bile acid binding proteins may also protect cells from bile acid cytotoxicity.
- The initial photooxidative injury triggers a number of responses, including direct cytotoxicity within the tumor microenvironment.
Definition of cytotoxic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan