noun[mass noun] British • informal
- Awkward or unfashionable dancing to pop music, as characteristically performed by middle-aged or older men: for optimum embarrassment of offspring, dad dancing is best performed to REM’s Shiny Happy PeopleMore example sentences
- If we see any more dad dancing from O'Donoghue, we may rip our own eyebrows off.
- From the mayor's dad dancing to the Spice Girls' final performance, the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony was certainly a memorable event.
- Williams did some serious dad dancing when he appeared on on TV on Friday.
More definitions of dad dancingDefinition of dad dancing in:
- The US English dictionary