noun (plural same)• informal
- 1British A crane fly.More example sentences
- A few fish have been taken on the dap, with crickets/grasshoppers doing the business, and the daddy-long-legs should be making an appearance soon.
- Opening with a warp-speed ‘Loaded’ the greatest frontman in the north-west's all over the monitors like a human daddy-long-legs.
- 2North American A harvestman.More example sentences
- It belongs to an ancient version of the daddy-long-legs, which is also called ‘the harvestmen ‘apparently.’
- Seal and caulk around vents, pipes, and windows where daddy-long-legs and insects can creep inside.
More definitions of daddy-long-legsDefinition of daddy-long-legs in:
- The US English dictionary