- A large passenger boat used on the Nile, typically with lateen sails.More example sentences
- Happily, Monsieur Maspero was on his dahabeah at Luxor, and, as soon as I reached mine, I wrote him a note asking him to come over and see something worth looking at.
- He boarded the dahabeah and insisted upon seeing Armine.
- He brought the ruins that lie scattered for hundreds of miles along the Nile within easy accessibility by dahabeeyah and steamer, making the journey even to the remotest of them easy and speedy.
mid 19th century: from Arabic, literally 'golden', denoting the gilded state barge formerly used by the Muslim rulers of Egypt.
More definitions of dahabeeyahDefinition of dahabeeyah in:
- The US English dictionary